Sunday, February 22, 2009

DRAW NEAR TO GOD!

This is a post that I made on January 17 of this year on my myspace page. I am posting this for my first blog on blogger.com because I believe this is very important for each of us especially if you are a child of God! Read on!

Have you had your fair share of troubles lately? Do you ever feel like you will never be able to overcome your situation? Here is the real question that I want to ask you..................Is there a particular sin that you have been struggling with? Many times in life, even as a Christian, there always seems to be a never ending struggle with some sort of sin. You name it. Maybe you get angry and then act upon it by telling somebody off. Maybe you have been watching stuff on TV or at the movies that you don't need to be watching. Maybe you have been listening to some type of music that Jesus wouldn't listen to. Maybe you have been looking at girls or guys in a way that you shouldn't (a little thing called lust). I could go on and on and on. The point is that God showed me something. And I want to share with you. James 4:7 says this, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." Do you want to know why that, "Submit yourselves therefore to God" is first. This is what God showed me. You must first submit yourself to God before you can resist the devil. You cannot resist the devil if you don't submit yourself to God first. I discovered that if I was going to be an overcomer, I must be submitted to God in every way. I challenge you today. If you are doing any of the things I mentioned above or if you are struggling with a particular sin, submit yourself to God today and watch what HE does in your life!! I pray that God will began a great work in each of you today!!

2 comments:

  1. He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” Matt 26:39 (NLT)

    As Jesus demonstrated even when we do submit to God the path which we must follow may not be easy and free of harm. He did it because He loved God. God allowed it because He loves us.

    ReplyDelete